LITTLE ROCK – The Arkansas Razorbacks continued to train on a limited basis in the basketball performance center last week as third-year head coach Eric Musselman once again put his team to work on and off the pitch.
Here is some information and takeaways from training and other aspects of the Arkansas men’s basketball program over the past week…
* A source said the Hogs performed “a lot of creative drills” during practice – “brick closures, defensive slides with towels in their hands (to avoid contact faults) and goggles over the eyes of the managers (to teach) an aggressive shut-out Pork enthusiasts familiarized themselves with many of Musselman’s creative teaching exercises, used not only in the preseason, but also occasionally during the season.
* Arkansas assistant coach Keith Smart has set up an NBA rotation for pick-and-roll defense, what staff now call the “shuttlecock.” The Hogs worked full rotations out of the pick-and-roll defense.
* First year care KK Robinson, second stretch-5 Connor vanover, and junior guard JD Notes performed exceptionally well in various parts of the workouts last week, according to sources.
* The Razorbacks ran the mile Friday, which the team does every year in the preseason. Some individual results: Remarksjunior wing Au’Diese Toney, senior combo forward Trey wade, and guardian Cade Arbogast each “passed (the mile course completion time requirement)” First-year care Davonte “Devo” Davis “Had already passed”.
* As first reported by Hogville.net, former Arkansas Star Guard and 2020-21 SEC Freshman of the Year Moses Moody has been invited to the 2021 NBA Draft Green Room inside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, slated for July 29. In preparation for the draft, Moody took part in the draft combine and the recent Klutch Sports Group pro day televised by ESPN, and he has had individual practices with the Indiana Pacers, Orlando Magic, Memphis Grizzlies, Golden State Warriors. and Sacramento Kings. The Little Rock native also has at least two more workouts coming up with a few other NBA organizations. Moody – screened in the middle of the lottery until his late teens in the first round of the draft – is likely to become the first pig selected in the first round since his compatriot from Little Rock, Bobby Portis, was chosen No. 22 overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 2015 draft. If Moody were to overtake No.10 (which is where former Hog Joe Johnson was selected by the Boston Celtics in 2001), he would be there. most-drafted former Razorback of this century.
* It has been known since last year that Arkansas would play in the 2021 Hall of Fame Classic on Nov 22-23, in Kansas City, Missouri, and now the Hogs know who they play – Kansas State of the Big 12 conference – in a first round match scheduled for Monday, November 22. The winner will face the winner Illinois-Cincinnati in the HOFC Championship game on Tuesday, November 23. For more details on the HOFC as well as how the Arkansas non-conference schedule is shaping up, click the link to the Hogville.net article published on Thursday, July 14 … https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=731654.0
* Musselman and the Hoop Hogs hosted Marty Mush, Rico Bosco and Jake Marsh of Barstool Sports – renowned sports and pop culture influencers and bloggers – for training last week. Muss took the opportunity to transform the visit into another classic photoshoot…