NEW ORLEANS – The NORD / NOBA Dance Center will organize on-site registrations for new students from May 10 to 14 for its tuition-free June twilight preparatory dance program, held at six locations in Orléans parish.
No audition or previous dance experience is required.
As an extension of NOBA’s programs during the academic year, the June Twilight Preparatory Dance Program offers evening classes for all levels of experience in ballet, modern, jazz, hip hop, movement and conditioning for children. from 4 to 18 years old.
Registration for any child with demonstrated interest will be completed on a first come, first served basis during on-site registrations.
Class times, as well as registration dates and locations, are included below. For more information, please visit here or call or call 504-522-0996 ext. 201.
Students must submit the following in person at the time of registration:
- Completed NOBA registration request (available during registration)
- NORD waiver completed (available upon registration)
- $ 15.00 processing fee (cash only)
Timetable, registrations and locations for the preparatory twilight dance program in June 2021:
- Cut Off Rec Center (6600 Belgrade St. – Algiers) – Registration: May 10, 5 pm-7pm
- Ballet lessons (6 to 8 years old and 9 to 18 years old) offered on Mondays and Wednesdays from June 7 to 30
- Gernon Brown Recreation Center (1001 Harrison Avenue – City Park) – Registration: May 13, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Early childhood ballet (4-5 years) and ballet (6-9 years) taught on Tuesdays / Thursdays, from June 1 to 24
- Joe W. Brown Rec Center (5601 Read Blvd. – New Orleans East) – Registration: May 10, 5-7 p.m.
- Ballet (6 to 8 years old and 9 to 18 years old) and jazz / conditioning lessons (9 to 18 years old) given on Mondays and Wednesdays from June 7 to 30
- Rosenwald Rec Center (1120 S Broad St. – Central City) – Registration: May 12, 5 pm-7pm
- Ballet lessons on Mondays and modern lessons on Wednesdays (6 to 8 years old and 9 to 18 years old), from June 7 to 30
- Stallings Center de loisirs St-Claude (4300, avenue St-Claude – Bywater / St. Claude) – Registration: May 12, 5 pm-7pm
- Early childhood ballet / creative movement (4-5 years) taught Tuesdays / Thursdays, June 8 to July 1
- Tremé Recreational Community Center (900 rue N Villere – Tremé) – Registration: May 11, 5 pm-7pm
- Ballet lessons given on Tuesdays / Thursdays and hip-hop lessons on Mondays / Wednesdays (6 to 8 years old and 9 to 18 years old), from June 8 to July 1
In addition, NOBA currently offers tuition-free artistic health / wellness and healing class programs for adults offered online through Zoom, including Senior Dance Fitness for 55+, Dance for Parkinson and Freedom of movement for veterans.
Suggest a correction