Southeast Iowa Agricultural Research Association to Hold Annual Meeting
AMES, Iowa – Farmers and crop advisors are invited to attend the annual meeting of the Agricultural Research Association of Southeast Iowa, to be held at the Johnson County Extension and Outreach office of the Iowa State University in Iowa City on Thursday, March 3 starting at 10 a.m.
Registration and refreshments will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. The day will feature the following topics and speakers:
- “A Review of 2021 Activities and Plans for 2022 at the Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm,” by Cody Schneider, Research Farm Superintendent;
- “Iowa State Research Farms Update and New Center for Research and Learning at the Southeast Research and Demonstration Farm,” by Cody Schneider;
- “Crop Disease Research Update” by Alison Robertson, professor of plant pathology and microbiology and extension specialist at Iowa State;
- “Lime Research: Ag Lime vs. Pell Lime” by Antonio Mallarino, professor of agronomy and extension specialist at Iowa State; and
- “2022 Crop Market Outlook” by Ryan Drollette, Farm Management Specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach.
Lunch is included and sponsored by local sponsors. Attendance is free and the meeting will end at 2:30 p.m. At the end of the meeting, the Southeast Iowa Agricultural Research Association Board of Directors will meet.
Certified Crop Advisors can earn Continuing Education Units for attending this meeting.
For more information, contact Ryan Drollette at [email protected] or 319-337-2145. Clarabell Probasco, field agronomist with ISU Extension and Outreach, can be reached at [email protected] or 641-664-2730. Field agronomist Rebecca Vittetoe is available at [email protected] or 319-653-4811.
Shareable photo: Southeast Research Farm.