KENNEWICK, Wash .– Kamiakin High School will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, negative PCR testing, or rapid on-site testing to watch their homecoming dance on Saturday.
The rule was announced publicly on Wednesday afternoon in a social media post from Kamiakin High School. According to the announcement, this rule applies to all students, chaperones and volunteers participating in the reunion dance on Saturday, September 25.
The authorities have specified the following three provisions:
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Show proof of having a negative PCR test within 2-3 days before the reunion dance
- Take a quick Covid test at Kamiakin High School and get a negative result
Please note that students who choose to take a rapid onsite COVID test must have parental written consent prior to the test. Consent forms can be found at the school office or online. They must be brought by the student and his / her guest on the day of the rapid test.
Northwest PROfiles: Meet the Kamiakin star who plays football for EWU this year
Kamiakin will offer rapid tests on the following dates and times:
- Friday Sept. 24 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the school nurse’s office
- Saturday Sept. 25 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the school nurse’s office
- Saturday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Salle Sports Med (701)
- Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the door of the dance
Additionally, all students are encouraged to wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
According to the most recent data from the Kennewick School District COVID-19 report, Kamiakin High School has recorded 11 positive COVID-19 tests among students so far this year. 82 students and staff have registered absences due to symptoms, exposure or positivity to COVID-19 since the start of school in early September.
Parents’ questions can be directed to the school office at (509) 222-7000.
LATEST NEWS FROM KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
RELATED: Almost 900 Kennewick Students and Staff Missed School for COVID-19 Last Week
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE POSTED, BROADCAST, REWRITED OR REDISTRIBUTED.